Stratis 3.1.0 Release Notes2022-05-24
mulhern, Stratis Team
Stratis 3.1.0 includes significant improvements to the management of the thin-provisioning layers, as well as a number of other user-visible enhancements and bug fixes.
Please see this post for a detailed discussion of the thin-provisioning changes. To support these changes the Stratis CLI has been enhanced to:
- allow specifying whether or not a pool may be overprovisioned on creation
- allow changing whether or not a pool may be overprovisioned while it is running
- allow increasing the filesystem limit for a given pool
- display whether or not a pool is overprovisioned in the pool list view
Users of the Stratis CLI may also observe the following changes:
debugsubcommand has been added to the
blockdevsubcommands. Debug commands are not fully supported and may change or be removed at any time.
--redundancyoption is no longer available when creating a pool. This option had only one permitted value so specifying it never had any effect.
stratisd 3.1.0 includes one additional user-visible change:
- The minimum size of a Stratis filesystem is increased to 512 MiB.
stratisd 3.1.0 also includes a number of internal improvements:
- The size of any newly created MDV is increased to 512 MiB.
- A pool's MDV is mounted in a private mount namespace and remains mounted while the pool is in operation.
- Improved handling of udev events on device removal.
- The usual and customary improvements to log messages.
Please consult the stratisd and stratis-cli changelogs for additional information about the 3.1.0 release.